CIMER: Providing resources for organizations and institutions to improve research mentoring relationships
Effective research mentoring relationships are critical to developing the next generation of researchers. Learn how to improve these relationships at all career stages and promote cultural change that values excellence in research mentoring as a critical aspect of diversifying the research workforce.
CIMER faculty and staff investigate approaches for improving research mentoring relationships for organizations and institutions. We develop, implement and evaluate mentor and mentee training using theoretically-grounded, evidence-based, and culturally-responsive training interventions and investigations.
- Enhancing Research Mentors’ Cultural Awareness in STEM: A Mentor Training InterventionThis past May a journal article was published in collaboration with Christine Pfund, Angela Byars-Winston, and Sherilynn Black about enhancing mentors’ cultural awareness in STEM. Read the article here
- All day, August 15, 2022 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring TEAM IP Day 1 @ UW Madison
- All day, August 16, 2022 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring TEAM IP Day 2 @ UW Madison
- All day, October 24, 2022 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring Day 1 @ UW Madison
- All day, October 25, 2022 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring Day 2 @ UW Madison