CIMER: Providing resources for organizations and institutions to improve research mentoring relationships
Effective research mentoring relationships are critical to developing the next generation of researchers. Learn how to improve these relationships at all career stages and promote cultural change that values excellence in research mentoring as a critical aspect of diversifying the research workforce.
CIMER faculty and staff investigate approaches for improving research mentoring relationships for organizations and institutions. We develop, implement and evaluate mentor and mentee training using theoretically-grounded, evidence-based, and culturally-responsive training interventions and investigations.
- New Publication! Comparing F2F and Synchronous Online Mentor Training OutcomesCIMER is keeping busy with all of these new publications! The latest published on September 16, 2022, in CBE – Life Sciences Education investigates if training modality affects mentor training outcome. Read the article here
- Enhancing Research Mentors’ Cultural Awareness in STEM: A Mentor Training InterventionThis past May a journal article was published in collaboration with Christine Pfund, Angela Byars-Winston, and Sherilynn Black about enhancing mentors’ cultural awareness in STEM. Read the article here
- Don’t Let Mentoring Burn You OutCIMER is hard at work! An article came out last month in collaboration with Christine Pfund about mentoring burnout. Summary: Mentoring is undoubtedly a high-impact and high-stakes relationship. Mentors give their time, attention, and resources to develop others. Usually a volunteer activity, mentorship goes above and beyond a person’s formal job requirements. But when a mentor …
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm, January 23, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring OL Session 1 @ UW-Madison
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, January 24, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring OL Session 2 @ UW-Madison
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm, January 24, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring OL Session 3 @ UW-Madison
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, January 25, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring OL Session 4 @ UW-Madison
- 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm, January 26, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring OL Session 5 @ UW-Madison
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, January 27, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring OL Session 6 @ UW-Madison