CIMER: Providing resources for organizations and institutions to improve research mentoring relationships
Effective research mentoring relationships are critical to developing the next generation of researchers. Learn how to improve these relationships at all career stages and promote cultural change that values excellence in research mentoring as a critical aspect of diversifying the research workforce.
Who We Are
Researchers and practitioners dedicated to improving research mentoring relationships among all career stages of post-secondary researchers.
What We Do
CIMER faculty and staff investigate approaches for improving research mentoring relationships for organizations and institutions. We develop, implement and evaluate mentor and mentee training using theoretically-grounded, evidence-based, and culturally-responsive training interventions and investigations.
- Publication Alert!We are delighted to announce the publication of an article titled “A Randomized Controlled Trial of an Intervention to Increase Cultural Diversity Awareness of Research Mentors of Undergraduate Students” The article sheds light on the significance of providing mentors with training in cultural awareness and sensitivity to enhance the mentoring experience for young scientists. By …
- Thriving or Burn Out in Mentoring, Pastoring, Service & Vocation – Part 1 w/ Christine PfundListen to CIMER’s Dr. Christine Pfund on Nii Addy’s latest podcast episode on thriving or burnout in mentoring and more. You can listen or watch on @AddyHour on Youtube or at AddyHour.com
- CIMER Leader Helps Organize, Present National Mentoring Workshop for Research Universities, Funders, AssociationsRead the exciting article featuring CIMER’s Melissa McDaniels here
- All day, July 24, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring Day 1 @ University of Wisconsin-Madison
- All day, July 25, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring Day 2 @ University of Wisconsin-Madison
- All day, August 17, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring TEAMS IP Day 1 @ UW Madison
- All day, August 18, 2023 – Facilitating Entering Mentoring TEAMS IP Day 2 @ UW Madison