The CIMER Assessment Platform is an electronic survey platform housed in the Center for the Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research (CIMER). The Platform is used to collect individual or paired survey data across programs, institutions, and organizations.
The Platform was developed by researchers to streamline data collection across multiple events using common metrics. Key Platform features allow teams to collaborate across institutions and organizations to easily administer surveys, access data, and compare data across groups.
- Teams have project autonomy to determine how to set up their project in the Platform
- Team project administrators have full control of survey administration, including which team members administer surveys and access data
- Surveys include base questions developed by each team for comparing data across multiple events
- Customized questions may also be added to surveys for additional data collection
- Users can be surveyed individually or as a pair with aligned survey questions (e.g. mentor and mentee pairs)
- Teams own their data and can access it at anytime
- Formal reports and datasets are automatically generated at both the individual event level and the aggregate level (across all events)
- Survey users can choose to contribute to a national evaluation dataset on research mentoring relationships
For more information on the Assessment Platform and its key features, see the CIMER Assessment Platform slide presentation.
Contact: email@example.com to learn more about using the Platform.